Sunday 31 August 2014

PLAY ON: Play Challenge in 2015

Those who frequently visit my little blog can no doubt observe my passion for plays. Plays are interesting in so many ways. So in the first quarter of next year, I'd like to invite everybody to join with me in this play event/challenge.


So here are the rules:
  • The challenge will run for four months, beginning from January 2015.
  • Each month, there will be a monthly theme. 
  • A master post will be published shortly before the challenge begins.
  • Participants are expected to read and post a review each month, and post it in the upcoming Master Post.

We want to keep the theme wide enough in order to allow everybody huge options. So I'll just split plays into four categories based on the period when they were written and assign each period to each month.

January: Ancient Plays, including Greek and Roman plays
February: Renaissance Plays, including Shakespeare and his contemporaries
March: Post-Renaissance Plays, anything post Renaissance is allowed. Wilde and Shaw are very welcome
April: Freebie Plays, if you find any particular playwright interesting during the 3 months, feel free to read another of his/her plays. Or if you want to experiment with other genre or other playwright, you are in.

So, please sign in using the linky below with your name and the name of your blog (e.g. Listra - Half-Filled Attic). I'd be thrilled by your participation.

23 comments:

  1. I'm in! I would read a Shakespeare and a Marlowe for Feb, and if I could, I'd join the other months too. This would be fun, Listra! Thanks for hosting it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlowe, nice touch. I don't mind him at all.

      Delete
  2. Would love to take part. Link to my site posted - now need to start picking the plays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have finally written my sign-up post. Sorry it took so long - I am terrible for sticking to a schedule (though am determined to try for this challenge!). https://onceuponalittlefield.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/play-on/

      Emma

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yay!!! Let's have some fun..

      Delete
    2. Lystra, just wondering if you would like to advertise this challenge on the A Novel Challenge site. You might get more traffic from there. Here's the link in case you're interested: http://novelchallenges.blogspot.in

      Delete
    3. Oh, sure! Thanks for noticing me. I just need to register, right?

      Delete
  4. You don't need to register. Just fill in the form they have for anyone who wants to advertise their challenges and read-athons and they will post it on the blog whenever one of them steps in to update it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting this! This looks like it will be tons of fun and hopefully I'll get some of those plays I've been meaning to read taken care of. :)
    It's nice to find another classics lover in the blogging world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sure. Never too young for classics. Hope you enjoy the event!

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to this. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working on my sign-up post. Will come back to link up. Wonderful idea for a reading challenge! (My feet are practically happy dancing under my desk!) :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm so excited to start reading some lovely plays.

      Delete
  8. Hi, I'm doing this one. I've never done a play reading challenge, so I'm going to try this. Plays are a very quick read. This should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. It's short but requires a lot of imagination. That's what exciting about it. So let's have some fun.

      Delete
    2. Ok, I have finished the challenge. Here is what I have read:
      http://jannghi.blogspot.com/2014/12/play-on-play-challenge-in-2015.html

      Delete
  9. Aku absen dulu ya, ga jadi peserta kali ini. Tapi kalau memungkinkan bakal ikut baca juga. I won't pass the fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santai aja, boleh langsung taruh links review di post bulanannnya kok.. No pressure.

      Delete
  10. Hi, will you be doing the challenge next year? it was fun. and please check out the challenge I am hosting next year. It's my first one. let me know if you are interested:
    http://jannghi.blogspot.com/2015/10/literary-loners-reading-challenge-2016.html

    ReplyDelete