Tuesday 9 April 2013

Shakespeare and Me Challenge

So it's all about Shakespeare. For those who know me well enough outside this blog, they will certainly understand how 'many fathoms deep I am in love' with the Bard. He is amazing. Thus, I want to challenge myself to read all his works, which is not easy, since I don't really like historical plays. Anyway, here's the list of his works, stolen from some web pages.

In this very blog, I have read and reviewd some of his works, which I will sign and link to this post presently. For some others, I have read them, but not yet written the review, since it's not easy for me to review his plays. Come now, admit it. People get degrees for writing a decent review of his plays, right? (I exaggerate a bit, but you see my point.) I will just mark those plays and write a review later on. This post is just some sort of reminder that I have read this and not yet read that.

Let's do it then!

TRAGEDIES

Hamlet
King Lear
Romeo and Juliet
Timon of Athens
Titus Andronicus

HISTORIES

Henry VI, Part I
Henry VI, Part II
Henry VI, Part III
Henry VIII
King John

COMEDIES

All's Well That Ends Well
As You Like It
The Comedy of Errors
Cymbeline
Measure for Measure
The Merry Wives of Windsor
The Merchant of Venice
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Pericles, Prince of Tyre
The Taming of the Shrew
The Tempest
Troilus and Cressida
Twelfth Night
The Winter's Tale

POETRY

The Sonnets
A Lover's Complaint
Funeral Elegy by W.S.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, dari sekian banyak daftar itu aku baru baca romeo and juliet ajah lho :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea! Good luck with it! There are not too many histories there, so I hope you'll manage them!

    ReplyDelete