Saturday 8 September 2012

Weekend Quote #10


Weary with toil, I haste me to my bed,
The dear respose for limbs with travel tired,
But then begins a journey in my head
To work my mind, when body's work's expired.
 - Sonnet 27

So I picked this quote because that's exactly what happened to me these last few days. I was very tired, distressed, and heavy-hearted due to endless tasks from the lecturers and my work as well, but whenever I went to bed, my mind worked again, thinking about all the things I hadn't done.

Actually, Shakespeare was talking about someone he loved. Whenever he wanted to sleep, the mind carried him to the one he loved dearly. If it's me, perhaps I'd prefer seeing my beloved in my dream, without meddling with my sleeping hours.

That's my quote for this weekend. What about yours?


-----------------------------

Weekend Quote is hosted by Half-Filled Attic. Feel free to join. You can:

  • Give the context of the quote
  • Give your opinion whether you agree or disagree with it
  • Share your experience related to the quote
  • Share similar quotes you remember
  • Or anything else. Just have fun with the quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment