Friday 5 April 2013

Weekend Quote #39


“All our discontents about what we want appeared to me to spring from the want of thankfulness for what we have.”

Robinson Crusoe's line this week. I have just finished reading that book last week, therefore the beautiful words still dwell in my heart. Despite losing my phone, in which I put all the quotes I want to share, I remember this one, and I could find it, thankfully.

Robin, in his desolation, strangely felt satisfied in all respects and said he wouldn't want anything else (apart from some tools that could make his life even more easier). Instead of complaining about the things he didn't have, such as company, decent clothes, delicious dishes, and so on, he chose to be content with what he had and thanked God for it. It made his life more easy and joyful instead of miserable.

For me personally, it reminds me to be content with my primal needs, to be thankful for what I have and not to complain too much or to compare myself with others. It's interesting that Crusoe concludes the more thankful we are for what we have, the less likely we are to complain and to feel unhappy about our situation.

That's what I want to share this weekend. Waiting for your quotes, friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment