Saturday 16 February 2013

Classic Club Spin: Let's Have Some Fun

Here's my choices for the coming Classic Club Spin. I make it in a hurry, considering this is Saturday. I'm always busier on weekends, you know, procrastinators' problem.

5 I don't really feel like reading:

Conrad - Secret Agent
Leblanc - The Hollow Needle
Queen – The Chinese Orange Mystery
Spencer - Faerie Queen
Carroll - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

5 I really want to read:

James - Portrait of A Lady
Dickens - Tale of Two Cities
Sabatini - Scaramouche
Voltaire - Candide
Doyle - The White Company

5 I'm just neutral about

Pushkin - Eugine Onegin
Shakespeare – Lucrece
Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
Fitzgerald - This Side of Paradise
Wilde - Importance of Being Earnest

5 re-reads

Dickens - Christmas Carol
Dumas Jr. - Camille
Sabatini - Captain Blood
Verne - 20000 Under the Sea
Shakespeare - Sonnets

Problem, of course, I don't want the list to be so orderly. So, let's shuffle it a bit.


  1. Eugine Onegin
  2. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
  3. Faerie Queen
  4. The Chinese Orange Mystery
  5. Secret Agent
  6. Captain Blood
  7. Tale of Two Cities
  8. Scaramouche
  9. Lucrece
  10. The Great Gatsby
  11. 20000 Under the Sea
  12. Importance of Being Earnest
  13. Portrait of A Lady
  14. This Side of Paradise
  15. Christmas Carol
  16. Camille
  17. The Hollow Needle
  18. Shakespeare's Sonnets
  19. Candide
  20. The White Company
Let's have fun!



2 comments:

  1. Great list! This is such fun. Can't wait to see what everyone has to read. =O)

    I read Camille in high school. I loved it. So romantic and tragic. It sticks with me to this day, almost 30 years later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure it is. I read it 3 years ago and cried my heart out during the first chapters. (I watched the opera before reading, perhaps that's why). Good luck for you too.

      Delete