Friday 22 March 2013

Weekend Quote #37


I have not so much as hope, the last resource of every human heart, nor do I beguile myself with dreams of future bliss, the very thought whereof is sweet.”

Another sad quote from Andromache in The Trojan Women. She compared herself with Polyxena, whom she thought had better fate than she because Polyxena had died, and therefore, felt no pain anymore while she had to live without hope.

But I love how she mentioned hope as 'the last resource of every human heart', because, yes, it is. Hope is so precious, something that we can still have even when we have lost all other things. When somebody loses his/her hope, the effect is paralytic. Therefore never, ever, lose your hope. It's a resource that will help you go through many sufferings and disasters in this world.

That's all from me. Please share yours below or through the linky.

No comments:

Post a Comment