So this month will be a start of 2 months journey of Victorian adventures through literature. I have always loved Victorian Era and all the elegance, mystery, and even the darkness of the era. I love the fashion, the language, the sarcasm in the language, the history, everything.
That's why I decided to join the celebration held by A Literary Odyssey and in this post I'd like to mention some of the books that I'll read during the next 2 months. I won't list too much, since I am not sure whether I can finish all of those, but if I can manage to finish the list before the end of July I'll add more to the list. Here they are:
- Carroll, Lewis – Alice's Adventure in Wonderland
- Dickens, Charles – The Tale of Two Cities
- James, Henry – Portrait of a Lady
- Stevenson, Robert Louis – Treasure Island
- Thackeray, William – Vanity Fair
- Wilde, Oscar – The Importance of Being Earnest
I plan to re-read some Sherlock Holmes too, but I won't put them on the list yet. So, happy Victorian reading for those who celebrate it.