This challenge is hosted by Bev@My Reader;s Block and will take place on January – December 2013. I have decided to try joining it, since my classical journey started with Sherlock Holmes, which is also one of the mystery solvers. Sadly, I don't know much about mystery, and I hate scary stuff. So I put things here that hopefully are not very frightening, so that I can read them with much easiness of mind.
I pick 8 books to start, but I will add it to 16 if in later time I see that I can do more than that. Here's the list:
2. Murder by the Numbers: LeBlanc, Eight Strokes of the Clock
3. Amateur Night: Queen, Adventures of Ellery Queen
4. Leave It to the Professionals: Conrad, A Secret Agent
7. World Traveler: LeBlanc, The Hollow Needle
8. Dangerous Beasts: Hammet, The Maltese Falcon
12. Murderous Methods : Sayers, Strong Poison
15. Cops & Robbers: LeBlanc, The Crystal Stopper
16. Locked Rooms: Queen, The Chinese Orange Mystery
I am curious about LeBlanc's Lupin, since I have tried to read it but find little delight in in that I didn't even finish my first book. I like Ellery Queen, though, but I have only read the short story collection, so I will try to read some more of him. What? No Sherlock Holmes? Well, let's see if I can add him to the list later on.